08 Feb The Walking Dead & Zombie Dreams
My anticipation and eagerness for the final half of The Walking Dead’s fifth season is so high that I have been having post-apocalyptic zombie dreams. I’ve actually had 4 over the past month.
In my first dream, I was in a store that looked similar to a BJ’s Wholesale or a Sam’s Club. The rest of the residents of my town were running around like maniacs grabbing as much food as they could. I could hear the faint moans of zombies outside as I walked down the aisles.
In my second dream, I was at BJ’s again. But this time, I was fighting with some teenage boys over the bicycles on the top shelf of one of the giant storage racks. You know how in WalMart they have the cool bicycles sitting high up on those metal container racks? Yea. The teenagers and I were fighting to the death to get these bicycles, climbing the poles like uncivilized scavengers. It was like a scene straight out of a Hungers Games/ Kill Bill combo. Then, I had a dream that I was fighting a zombie, but they grazed my shoulder, thus infecting me with the disease. I spent the last hours of my life “living my life to the fullest”… however possible that is in a world where everyone I’ve ever known is dead and I still have zombies chasing my bloody body. I just remember limping around town, crying and telling every survivor that I loved them as the disease slowly crept in.
Last week, I had a dream that I was in my house. It was a cool Spring night and all of the lights were off. Me, my Mom, Dad, and brother were all hiding in the basement with blankets. The windows were covered and the house was surrounded with so many zombies that I could barely hear my thoughts with all of the moaning going on. I was filled with horror and my sweat was cold (in my dream). I was peeking out from one of the blanket covered windows to see if the zombies noticed our existence. Meanwhile, my little brother was playing video games on the PS3 and refused to turn it off. The TV screen was so bright that I knew at any moment, the zombies would start banging on the windows. The family was whisper-yelling at him to turn the TV off.
Being inquisitive, I looked up my dreams at dreammoods.com and this is what it said:
- To see or dream that you are a zombie suggests that you are physically and/or emotionally detached from people and situations that are currently surrounding you. You are feeling out of touch. Alternatively, a zombie means that you are feeling dead inside. You are just going through the motions of daily living.
- To dream that you are attacked by zombies indicate that you are feeling overwhelmed by forces beyond your control. You are under tremendous stress in your waking life. Alternatively, the dream represents your fears of being helpless and overpowered.
- To dream that you are in a market represents some emotional or physical need that you are currently lacking in your life. You may be in need of nurturance and some fulfillment. Consider the specific items that you are shopping for. Alternatively, the market signifies frugality.
- To see an barren market in your dream signifies depression and gloominess. There is a void in your life. If the market is large or well-stocked, then it means possibilities and choices.
- Video Games:
- To dream that you are playing a video game represents your ability to manipulate others into doing what you want them to do. Alternatively, playing a video game suggests that you are trying to escape from the problems in your real life, instead of confronting it. Consider the type of video game and video game character for additional insights.
- To see or dream that you are a character in a video game suggests that you are feeling controlled and manipulated by others. You feel that you have no control over your actions or are not taking responsibility for them.
- To dream that your real life has turned into a video game implies that you are lacking any ambition and drive. You don’t have any direction in life and what you want to do. Alternatively, the dream may mean that you need to always be on the alert.
- To dream that you are riding a bicycle signifies your desires to attain a balance in your life. You need to balance work and pleasure in order to succeed in your current undertakings. If you have difficulties riding the bicycle, then it suggests that you are experiencing anxieties about making it on your own. If you are riding a push bike, then it means that you want to move forward at your own pace and by your own power
- To see a bicycle in your dream indicates that you need to devote time to leisurely pursuits and recreation.
- To dream that you are in a fight indicates inner turmoil. Some aspect of yourself is in conflict with another aspect of yourself. Perhaps an unresolved or unacknowledged part is fighting for its right to be heard. It may also parallel a fight or struggle that you are going through in your waking life. If you are fighting to the death, then it refers to your refusal to acknowledge some waking conflict or inner turmoil. You are unwilling to change your old attitudes and habits.
- To see others fighting in your dream suggests that you are unwilling to acknowledge your own problems and turmoil. You are not taking any responsibility or initiative in trying to resolve issues in your waking life.